AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait just a minute Mr. Illff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 4/14/2009 21:04 (#680535 - in reply to #680401)
Subject: Re: Wait just a minute Mr. Illff

1st) I believe I asked your forgiveness for using such an analogy, but nothing else seemed to fit. I take sexual assault very seriously. If you think I made light of it, that was not my intent. (Some of my family and friends have also been a victim.)

2nd) I judged no other farmers, but only related what my integrity demands from me. (Did make a wish though.)

3rd) I never mentioned ILFF, but referred to the operations that offer 25, 30% or more above accepted area cash rents. (I should have used 50 to 85% since we have those numbers working in our community.)

4th) I explained in my initial post how I believe this type of aggressive land acquisition hurts all neighboring farms. I did not denigrate their over-all management style. In fact, I am impressed with management that would allow this kind of scale. I do not like their overly-aggressive rental tactics.

5th) I certainly did not judge anyone's personal lives, nor would I, including anyone from ILFF.

Several times in the above posts, I have read the question, "Who gives you the right to decide what reasonable cash rents are?" or something very similar. It was not addressed towards me but I believe it is no more difficult a question than the one Doane's answers on custom farming rates. They simply take the range expressed from a farmer poll in Iowa, then average it. Just like cash rents, each person that uses their Custom Rate Guide only uses it as a guide to begin computations for their personal scenario. But the rate usually ends up in the general ballpark of the averages expressed. I believe Marve said practically the same thing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)