AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait just a minute Mr. Illff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 4/14/2009 08:00 (#679782 - in reply to #679662)
Subject: RE: marketing sessions?

Saronville NE
On avg Rich, marketing ahead will make you more money. Using Insurance guarntees, along with it, you can safely market a portion of your crop ahead and not worry about that. I have had wheat contracted, that I didnt raise, most elevators will work with you, either by charging you a little to let you out of the contract or roll it forward to another yr, or if your contract was good enuff, just buy bushels to fill that contract and still make money. I also used to fel the same way you did on bins, I read a comment on another post about yr size and capital, thats all BS, Im smaller than you are acres wise, and we started using bins a few yrs ago and it has made me money, saves me the high priced storage they get in town and opens up where I can sell grain caus it isnt locked up in that elevator, and since you have a semi and I dont, you have a even better chance of maing more money cause you can haul it farther for less money. I figure I save close to 1 1/2 cents a month ahead of what storage is in town, and we have hauled to a feedlot that pays 15 cents better than the elevator, so right there haulin in march has made me 21 cents more than the elevator, ok then take your haulin out and you are till 11-12 cents ahead, Ill take that anyday over having to take it at my local elevator.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)