AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait just a minute Mr. Illff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 4/14/2009 09:52 (#679911 - in reply to #679816)
Subject: RE: In answer to braunt01

Well Tim, I was going to reply to each statement of your rebuttal, but instead, will reply only to your last comment: "because it is not based on any facts, only emotional arguments".

These "emotional arguments" are powerful things. It is what my marriage, love for my family & friends, religious beliefs, moral and ethical character are based on. I fear that if I start rationalizing away any small facet of these, the rest of my integrity will soon follow. I feel it is these "emotional arguments" that keep this nation's ideals and the people I respect, great.

"Actual facts" are only how the world IS, mere details we have to work with as we go about our lives. But these "emotional arguments" are what sets the stage for the best of human greatness in any field of achievement you care to study. Forgive me for using such a gross example, but if a whore is raped, is the damage factual or emotional ? If the damage is only emotional with no physical abuse, it seems your argument would dictate that the perpetrator should be released. My argument would support severe penalties because I believe the emotional damage is tremendous. Oops! there's that darn "emotional arguments" thing again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)