AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait just a minute Mr. Illff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 4/14/2009 11:33 (#679989 - in reply to #679674)
Subject: Re: Wait just a minute Mr. Illff

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
I will respond. I am unsure who you were wanting to do so, but you have PB. Now you have me.

Define ethical. Ethics is a two way street. Maybe the tenant is screwing the landlord. How ethical is that?

Capitalism only works with competition. Going out of business is part of the business cycle. Both big and small business.

I am not wanting to speak for you. I am not wanting to speak for anyone else here. But there is talk of sleeping at night. If I am underpaying rent. If my landlord is unaware of it. If I am lying to my landlord about what works. If my neighbors fear stepping on my toes. If that is the only reason they will not visit my landlords. If I were the landlord--I would find that unethical. In capitalism options abound. Whether the landlord chooses a more profitable route or chooses to stay with the current tenant is up to him. His decision and no elses. He determines what he wants. But hiding options from someone because of wanting to respect your neighbors right to rent cheap ground is far from ethical.

When I was a kid--ethics was defined to me as doing whats right even when no one can see you. Just because the landlord can't see it does that make it right?

I think that anyone here can see that I am relatively transparent. That I take the less popular view often. See the gay threads. I admit the error of my ways. I don't have any desire to hide anything. From my neighbor, my landlords, my customers. That is pretty ethical in my mind.

I invite everyone here to read this. All these threads. Instead of reading IllFF or Ff, insert your business name. Read it as if it was written about you. See how that makes you feel. There are some harsh things said about IllF. About me, I took the unpopular view. I got tough skin. But I do want answers. Not the I don't understand crap. Explain to me. Explain to me tactfully. With examples but without the he said or I heard what I do not get. We compete with neighbors farming better than 200 quarters of irrigated ground. Oh yea--the ownership idea, they own it. All. Do you guys know what it is like to compete with that? Maybe you do, maybe you don't. I sure am not going to tell you whether you do or don't know. Just like I am not there, you are not here. But, if you would like to discuss it, I will let you draw your own conclusion. But when you tell me I just don't get it. When that is the best response. That tells me you know I get it and someone is challenging your views. And that you don't like that. Tell me you don't like big farms. I can live with that. I respect that. But don't tell me what I think, Don't tell me what the neighbors friends exwifes sister said. Tell me what you know. That is nothing more than gossip. That is far from ethical.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)