AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wait just a minute Mr. Illff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

braunt01
Posted 4/13/2009 23:21 (#679528 - in reply to #678924)
Subject: Re: Wait just a minute Mr. Illff

Princeton, MN
I just dont understand why everyone get their panties in a bind when talking about these guys. The only thing I see here is a bunch of people who are jealous that the family that owns this operation took the risks and worked harder than the others around them and were able to grow to the size they are now.

I am not from that area so I will admit I dont have first hand knowledge of the situation, but it looks to me like they have a great business model and seem to be doing well for themselves.

For those who say their land renting practices are unethical I would like to know why or how? Is it because they will pay more than you and take more risk? That sounds like simple supply and demand economics to me. Do they go around and convince landowners to break rental agreements? By agreements I mean a written contract or serious oral agreement.

How do you guys go about dealing with your landlords and keeping them happy? How do you show your landlords that you are the best renter they can get? Do you go the extra mile in keeping them happy, ie keeping weeds in check, ditches mowed, maybe just stopping by and seeing how they are doing and if there is anything you can do for them? I think a little personal attention is worth more than a few bucks per acre, but that is my opinion.

I think if some of you guys spent more time working to improve your operation as you do bashing these guys you will be much better off in the end, but I am just a dumb kid from MN and I dont know too much.......
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)