AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working for free
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fawazhay
Posted 1/8/2019 00:11 (#7228679 - in reply to #7227611)
Subject: RE: Working for free

Northern CA
I think I read all the replies. Here are a few thoughts:

1. You and your dad need to have an attorney write up a trust / estate that protects you from nursing homes and other ways your dad could spend his equity.
2. Get a farm credit card the ranch pays and be an authorized user... then you can buy parts with the discount but don't pay for those
3. I guarantee your math is probably correct, all the overtime in the world won't return you what the farm is worth... unless your dad pisses it away somehow. If you are truly left with the whole farm, and your sisters are out, maybe your current situation isn't as bad as one might think.
4. While wills and documents can be challenged, some are harder to challenge than others. A good attorney should be able to protect you somewhat now.
5. If you and your wife aren't fighting about it, check in with her time to time on it, not all wives care about the farm and finance details as long as her and family needs are being met.
6. If your dad can't satisfy you and an attorney about it being proper in the end, then one might consider walking away.
7. While your dad might walk over your mom verbally, he might not be able to legally.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)