AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working for free
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

150pilot
Posted 1/7/2019 19:21 (#7227881 - in reply to #7227611)
Subject: RE: Working for free

New London, Wisconsin
These deals are hard. I'm hoping that by writing this out you have been well able to clarify the points yourself and come to terms with your situation. I didn't hear anything about Mom's or spouse and sisters views on this and they are likely best left in private, but you should ask them too.

I personally don't have a problem with the free help since he gave you the lot, but do have a problem not consistently being paid back for repairs or other items. By the way, the free lot added to his control, but you already know that by now.

Then there is this quote: If I’m not there tomorrow he will have it rented out by tomorrow night and will tear the will up." This is sadly a classic case of one who abuses others. It's a control issue more than a need for the help he said he needs. Folks like this very seldom change, and if they ever do it usually is after they discover how much of the loved ones lives they have harmed or even shattered. Sadly, the worst of them won't even see it then.

I do like the suggestion that you spend the extra hours both at the real job and with your family. Perhaps, and this is a long shot, allowing dad to see the opinions of our group may help him to understand.

I too place priorities of family before land. I ask myself will anyone know what I did in 50, 100 or 500 years? Probably not.

I truly wish you the best of luck with a very difficult decision.

Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)