AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working for free
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 1/7/2019 19:38 (#7227956 - in reply to #7227824)
Subject: RE: Working for free

ESW ND
Have you asked him if you can buy the land your house sits on? Can it be moved if he says no? I was in your shoes. I know it isn't even remotely close to being fun. Fortunately mine has gotten better after 15 years. I still keep my guard up. I'd say if he won't sell you the land your house sits on. I think it's time to say bye bye. You owe nothing to him, but your concern is your family. Yes the land has been in the family for a long time, but it's STILL just land. Your Dad didn't just come up with this all on his own. I'd bet a lot of money that your Grandpa was the same way, and Great Gramps was as well. Atleast mine was. Your Dad will be waaay more concerned about your sisters than you. After all, he takes you for granted and knows you'll always be there to do the work.

I surely hope the best for you and your family and that you can get your Dad to see the light of what's happening and what he's doing. If he thinks you have the problem, get all your ducks in order first, then tell your favorite parts of the farm your goodbyes and tell your folks the GREAT news! You got a promotion and you aren't working for free any more. Don't expect your folks to talk to you for a few years. It took my Grandparents 7 years to get over it. It's an EXTREMELY hard choice to make.
Devote your self to your wife and kids, after all, they deserve it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)