AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working for free
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 1/7/2019 18:53 (#7227756 - in reply to #7227611)
Subject: RE: Working for free

North of London
I am in agreement with others that things need to change so that you are reimbursed but it would try little different tack than just throwing in the towel and walking away.

Take a bit of a stand by announcing now before spring world begins that you need to work full hours at your job to support your family.
With no income from hours spent on farm you will gladly help him out when you are not at your job but only after work hours and weekends.

i understand a little about the type of person your father might be as I am sure there were some neighbours that were that way so expect a bit of below back but stand up for your rights and give him the news/announcement in a controlled civilized manner, refusing to get involved in argument.
Do the announcing this week and then stick by the job work hours until and unless you get some financial reward.
The financial reward may not be great but you need something AND an agreement on what will come from the farm business to you in the future if you are going to continue to contribute sweat equity to it.

This way you have a chance to salvage the situation and have a future on the farm but if it does not work out by the end of this year 2019 then you know you have to walk away.

you did indicate there are sisters and they should be entitled to something from any estate although if you are putting sweat equity in your share should be larger
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)