AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Working for free
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

two-twenty
Posted 1/7/2019 23:16 (#7228636 - in reply to #7228547)
Subject: RE: Working for free

NEIA
Walk.
Had a similar situation with our family. My dad always wanted control, had the mindset that us kids should be working for him for free, and really wanted to take everything to the Grave with him. We had different conversations about Farm wealth transition and each and every one of them ended with quote "I'll take care of you". Each and every conversation I would ask how. He always said it would be in the will or he had it taken care of. Finally one day I really pressured him do something for our sake and more for my mother's sake. He walked away screaming that he didn't care about his f en#$%@ family. Screamed that when he's dead it wasn't going to matter in his life anymore. Eventually after that and much more abuse I distanced myself from him, quit helping him, eventually my mother divorced him, and he has disclaimed his son and dilaw and even his two beautiful granddaughters. We haven't talked in a few years and sad to say I don't mis him and our lives are better without him and his verbal and mental abuse. With that said I won't let that behavior be hereditary. I have vowed to never be that way, to love my wife and children, and a treat other people with respect.
You are a young man with I assume a lot of ambition but also at your age probably a lot to learn yourself. Do Your Own Thing, work hard, take care and love your family and you won't need anybody's inheritance.

Edited by two-twenty 1/7/2019 23:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)