AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JohnDeereGreenWKY
Posted 11/25/2012 16:03 (#2716282 - in reply to #2714224)
Subject: RE: Clarifications......

West Ky

martin - 11/23/2012 23:58

"The contract states cows allowed on to graze stalks after harvest is complete and to be removed when we request in the spring to start farming. Nothing about damages, never thought it would be necessary but guess we were wrong."

Now, THAT's an interesting tidbit to convey.   Let's paint this scenerio.  Maybe you have already considered this angle, but I suspect others reading have not.  So, here it goes:   when the landlord called and asked you to bring the combine, he was NOT calling you to ask to get his cows out of your corn. He was NOT trying to limit your damage.  What he was really saying is: "My cows are out of pasture grass.  I have the right to graze my cows on the corn stalks, as soon as the corn is harvested.  So, get your combine here, so I can turn my cows in those cornstalks now, instead of having to feed them stored feed."   He wasn't wanting to get those cows off the field.  He was wanting access to the field, which was written into the contract.   

That is what I put in my previous post on this matter. The landlord had no intention of getting those cows out. He was grazing them in the corn on purpose. I would of had my stock trailor their and loaded up as many as I could and made as many trips as I could.
We've had livestock of all manner and we always took care of our livestock and if anything got out we made it right.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)