AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/23/2012 13:59 (#2712557 - in reply to #2712426)
Subject: Re: pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn

southern MN
> You ask me what I would have done so let me ask you what would you have done if someone called you and told you cattle were in your field and you need to bring your combine.

Ask him if he though the cattle would feed through the stripper plates ok, or if it would be easier to get them back in their pasture? :)

Seriouisly, as you say, I'd follow up on that in the next 8 hours or less, to get a handle on what is happening. I guess I'd actually do my 1st line, if I would think of it that quickly, and be asking if he needs help getting the cattle fenced back in, and how much damage is already done, what needs to be done about it.

It appears from the one side of the story, the landowner was looking for a little free finishing on his cattle, and got that. Rough deal.

The landowner's demand that one bring the combine right now is laughable (your message appears to defend that request, and is why I'm giving yuou feedback...), that is not a solution to the problem and one I would ignore as well. But following up on the issue as soon as possible and realizing from the phone conversation that something odd was going on is something that should have been done and you are quite right about that.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)