AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/23/2012 17:23 (#2712791 - in reply to #2712662)
Subject: Re: pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn

southern MN
That's a little like calling someone up and saying I threw a rock through your window, you probably should do something about it so you don't have anymore problems. Bye, not my problem any more.

True enough, but any problems coming from it are because I threw the rock, so it's on me to address the problem fully, and to pay you for the window, and any immeadiate damage, and see that the actions (or lack of) that I did to create this situation are taken care of.

Yea, if you show up a week later and we've had 2 storms go through and you've done nothing about it, yea you have the responsibility of controling the damage. I get that.

But it seems if I keep throwing a rock every day after the initial call.......

Where does that leave us?

My cattle, it's up to me to get them out of the corn field, and control the continuing damage they cause. Doesn't mean that's easy, but it's my cattle, up to me do do the task, easy or not.

But the renter should have followed up, I agree. Sherriff, insurance, looking at the problem more quickly, all shoulda been done.

It would appear the renter will end up paying for the entire mess on his dime, so the landowner gets off scott free, no problem.

I disagree with that outcome, but how it is.

I think the land owner is more responsable for the damage, but my opinion won't count. 'Tough luck, I made a phone call and have zero responsibility for anything.'

One of those interesting situations, has a few different sides to it, interesting to see how we all view it differently.

--->Paul

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)