AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 11/23/2012 22:36 (#2713416 - in reply to #2713287)
Subject: Re: pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn

Wyoming
Wheat77 - 11/23/2012 19:44
Your solution seems to fit the situation here as I have seen it. This poorly managed cowherd, and Landlord would not miss a few head, as I am thinking he does not keep track.

I would certainly not pay for the last payment of rent. This needs a face to face visit.
From the pics I have seen posted, this irrigated land must not have been fully watered, the corn crop looked poor in any case.

It looks like a circus. A lax landlord finding a 20 mile away tenant, who does not pay attention.
Well perhaps we should have known something was up when he didn't ask his neighbor 2 miles away to put corn there, but brother needed ground and it was ok the first year. The pivot irrigated as much as it could, it was rarely off. Without rain pivots and irrigation are not the total solution. I don't mean no rain the way some places mean only 12 inches, I mean NO rain. We thought we paid attention enough, we were there every other day all summer checking/working on the pivot, and every 5-6 days after we quit watering checking to see when it would be ready to combine. The day before he called we hadn't seen evidence of cattle out. Few hundred head get out and run through an area messes it up quick. Seemed like all we did was drive around and irrigate all summer. The flood fields really took a ton of work this year... I don't know where you are from but this crop didn't look any poorer than the rest this year, better than some and little less than some, but average for here. We farm in a desert and by iowa standards should probably give up.

Edited by nar 11/23/2012 22:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)