AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 11/23/2012 10:12 (#2712229 - in reply to #2712206)
Subject: Re: pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn

Northern Illinois
the OP never said he was in the middle of harvest. He said he was close to harvest.

yes. the OP never said he offered to help get the cattle out. I also would have offered to help get the cattle out.

I said the landowner was at fault for letting his cattle get out in the first place.

correct the landowner did not call back and say bring the combine over but he did say bring the combine over in his first phone call. When we talk assumptions here the landowner could have assumed that the tenent would bring the combine over after he called the first time and said "bring the combine over"

I am not saying that I agree with the landowner in any way and your comment about me being your neighbor was uncalled for I was simply saying that it appeared the tenent did not take the situation very seriously and did not seem to attack the situation in a way the I for one and I think most would have reacted to a phone call saying cattle were in my cornfield. I was just saying that in a court of law a damagd party has a legal responsibility to limit his damages and it does not appear that the tenent did this in this situation.

Edited by jonas grumby 11/23/2012 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)