AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Guernseyfitter
Posted 11/23/2012 13:06 (#2712476 - in reply to #2711886)
Subject: Re: pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn

California Junction
First i would pay the rent. Keeps you out of trouble for not paying,
second I would contact a lawyer and see about laws concerning notice of not renting it, you might be able to keep it for another year even if he no longer wants to rent to you
thrid. I would send a bill for damages to the corn.
fourth i would reveriw contract. around here you own the crop, grain and straw,stover what ever. So even if he let the cows out after the grain was off he's still taking your crop, oraganic matter you watned to plow down, or stover you wanted to bale up.

as far as the cows getting out,
I would been there at the first phone call to check it out, make sure he got them it and probly help him couse im a nice guy like that and its good relations, plus make sure the fence got fixed.
I also would have been there every day a few times a day if i have time to make sure there staying out. Also i would been in there harvesting long before it got to 14%, how much of that yeild lost is from header shelling?

way i see it i was taking advanatge of free feed, and i see it happing again. If you do rent it next year, and no more after that I would combine it early, and bale off all the stalks. or work it right behind the combine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)