AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 11/23/2012 15:20 (#2712662 - in reply to #2712557)
Subject: Re: pics: What to do: Landlord cows in corn

south central IOWA
paul the original - 11/23/2012 12:59

The landowner's demand that one bring the combine right now is laughable (your message appears to defend that request, and is why I'm giving yuou feedback...), that is not a solution to the problem and one I would ignore as well.
--->Paul

Do you think the LL shouldn't have called to let them know? If he was after a little free feed I don't think he would have called or at least as soon as he did.

I wonder how that phone conversation went......... ring,ring........ring,ring

Brother-- Hello
LL-- Hey, you should come combine this corn, my cows got out in it.
Brother-- Well, we were there just a couple days ago and it was still just a little wet so we are going to give it a few more days to dry down.
LL--

Now, just what do you think the LL said next??? How much damage does a four wheeler do to corn? And if he's unsuccessful at getting the cows back in?? Then what? Now the cows are still in there plus there is four wheeler damage to boot.

To me, the LL made an attempt at a logical solution to the problem. It may have been the easiest for him but none the less he attempted. As it is explained to us....he simply called to suggest they come combine hence the word "should". He didn't demand it done as you say with the word "need".

The LL was relieving himself of any responsibility and putting it on the brother. The brother chose the path he wanted to take and is now disgusted with the results. You can put blame on both party's here.

I wonder what the outcome would have been if they would have went and harvested the field as soon as they hung up the phone??? Guess we'll never know..... but can assume.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)