AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming with dad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

davpal
Posted 9/29/2018 10:54 (#7015618 - in reply to #7012316)
Subject: RE: Farming with dad.

Mid Michigan
After reading this post and thinking about it for a few days I think I would tell you it might be time to hang it up at the farm. Start looking for an off farm job. Maybe even working at a farm for another farmer as an employee. Move to a different house. You have to realize that the farm is your dads dream and reality, not yours. You are just tagging along on his dream. It is becoming your nightmare. He likes the farm because it holds memories for him. It's deeper rooted for him than it is for you. You can never be the captain of this ship. You start to feel like a plant in a pot that is too small for you to grow. A plant that doesn't get transplanted will usually wither and die. I know you might love the idea of this place because it's your childhood place but it's probably time to spread your wings and let him have control of the place. If it goes down the tubes it's not your problem. He will probably be a little stunned and MAYBE he might say OK, you do the running of the place and you're the boss. You have to make the big move now. When you get older it just gets worse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)