AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming with dad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

schmitty
Posted 9/27/2018 13:52 (#7012316)
Subject: Farming with dad.

NCSD
Hey all. I’m in desperate need of some advice on what to do in my situation.
I farm with my dad and one full time employee. I’m at the end of my rope with putting up with my dad.
I know this post will come across to readers as another kid crying for a handout. Please try to see this from my perspective.
I came back to the farm 13 years ago. I moved onto the farm house and my dad moved to town. I came back to take over managing the day to day operations.
The problem is my dad was never ready to quit. He said he was going to retire and I would be able to run the place. My mistake was believing him.
I don’t blame him. It’s all he has ever known. He loves the farm more than anything. It’s impossible for him to let go.
So I’ve farmed full time for 13 years but I’ve worked here my whole life. I dumped everything into this farm. Physically, mentally and financially. I helped modernize this farm and keep it profitable.
I’m now to the point that I can’t stand it anymore. I can’t take his negativity and mental abuse anymore. I cannot do a single thing for him the right way. He is hovering over me every second criticizing my every move.
He has pushed me into a deep depression that is threatening my family. I’m not myself anymore.
I want to walk away but I just can’t seem to leave everything I’ve built on this farm. My whole life has been here. If I leave I lose it all as well as ruining the chance of my kids ever getting to farm. I don’t want to do that.
Please give me some advice. If anyone has been in this situation, please give me some input on how to go on and what my next step should be.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)