AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming with dad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

schmitty
Posted 9/30/2018 14:14 (#7017736 - in reply to #7012316)
Subject: RE: Farming with dad.

NCSD
For those suggesting a vacation... I’d love to, but I have 300 pairs to wean and put on feed right after corn harvest is complete. I went on a cruise With my wife in 2016 and in 2011. Both times all I heard about was how I am “gone all the time” and he had to do all the work... although he didn’t have to... I gave instructions to my employee. He wouldn’t let the employee do the work because It wouldn’t be right. (Although I trust my employee more than my dad)
He won’t let me hear the end of it...probably because he never left this farm for more than a weekend...ever.
For those saying I need to take a look in the mirror and own up to my mistakes... first of all...thanks for the help!
Second, I acknowledge every mistake I make. I have the ability to say I was wrong. I’m not blind. I can see where I went wrong.
Mediation will never work because my dad doesn’t hav the ability to admit guilt. “You’re right” has never rolled off his tongue.
Has anyone worked with Elaine Froese? If I could talk to her and get ideas for what to do for my side of this situation, it could be beneficial.
My employee is frustrated with my dad too. He hates how I make a plan for him for the day and When my dad is done with coffee, he makes my employee do something else. Yes, I pay my employees wages. My personal checks, I’m not a corporation or partnership.

Honestly, I’m surprised by the amount of replies suggesting I leave.
I’ve always said I should just go but never had the strength to start packing.
Thank you for the replies! I appreciate the support, even if it’s the last thing I want to do.
This isn’t a seasonal thing, I hate every day. Even through $7 corn.
For those who want my financial situation...I pay for everything including his pickup and car gas and insurance. As well as his house insurance. His wages are included on land I rent from him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)