AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming with dad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

kst1
Posted 9/28/2018 13:34 (#7014185 - in reply to #7012316)
Subject: RE: Farming with dad.

Just trying to learn more and gain a little perspective.... is this 365 days a year or is it worse in the spring or fall?

I get along.... ok... with my Dad in the summer and winter. I get frustrated, and so does he at times but in general we get along. In the spring and fall we are at each other's throats about once a day. It comes with the stress of the season more than everything else. But sometimes it would be nice for someone to slap me on the back and say "hey in 6 weeks you'll be done and this won't be a problem." Is that how you really are right now? Or is this just the tipping point?

This probably isn't what you want to hear but someone told me once that anytime you're not getting along with someone, you can fix up to half the problem somehow. What's the best way to fix your half? Maybe it is to walk away for a couple years. Tell him you're burned out, need to do something different and better for a while. You'll be back. Or maybe you just need to have a different outlook. Go spend the winter in Florida or Texas or Arizona. Stay away for a month or six weeks and commit to improving your attitude. Similarly, maybe send Dad to Florida for 3 months lol. But seriously run things without him for a while this winter and see what it's like without him..... assuming he's willing to go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)