AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming with dad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Dan H
Posted 9/27/2018 20:52 (#7012950 - in reply to #7012316)
Subject: RE: Farming with dad.

Lake Park Iowa
1st sorry that you are dealing with this situation. Do you have a good pastor or friend that you can talk to and share your heart with? For your health and very purpose of life you need to have someone to talk and share with. If you believe in the power of prayer, pray and cry out to God for wisdom and strength that he wants to give you. Draw you daily strength from Gods word. If your have never done this, it is not to late to start. Start reading from the book of Psalms. Your wife and family should come first. Do you have a supportive wife that you share with. As someone said earlier, take your mom out to dinner and have a heart to heart talk with her.

Have you told your dad that you love him? You need to tell your dad most of what you shared with us. Have a very honest talk with dad. But be kind and listen as well.

I farmed with my dad for a while and our relationship improved a lot when I told him that I was sorry. It took a while for dad to say that but he became a real friend as the years went. Dad has been gone since 1993 and now I have farmed with a son for about 25 years. I would not trade working with my son for anything.

Again, share your heart with a close friend and also with God. You can and will work through this, do not give up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)