AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 3/11/2019 13:32 (#7373739 - in reply to #7373645)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

C IL
I’ll agree with that. My grandma always told my mom that at least when they had horses, the men had to stop for lunch and dinner and let the horses rest. When they got tractors, they only had to stop quickly for fuel and after a few days of plowing by moonlight the women would worry and worry about them getting tired and getting into accidents.

Time management is harder than it used to be. Hard conversation to have without coming off as criticizing. Takes a big man to face up to it.

I used to hardly even take time to talk to my then-girlfriend, now-wife, the occasional times she came out to bring lunch and visit with me. Now she doesn’t do that much anymore. Stupid stupid stupid. Only a fool doesn’t have 10 minutes out of his work day to have a snack and visit with his loved ones.

Relentless. Positive. Boundary. You may well start by getting his body but not his mind, that’s how it was for me. If that happens, stay as positive as you can, even if you aren’t getting the depth of connection you may want during your time away. We men may sometimes be stupid but we can eventually learn, or at least I did.

You sound like a tough, spunky lady. Your husband is a lucky man. Y’all remember that.

Edited by sand85 3/11/2019 13:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)