AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 3/11/2019 06:34 (#7372967 - in reply to #7372848)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

Southeast WI
Sure need more info to give any answer worth a damn.

And we all wring hands over why so many get divorced nowadays. My dear wife and I dated all through college. We spent many many nights up late talking about real things, real expectations, the MECHANICS OF MARRIAGE, KIDS, BILLS, MAKING MONEY, WHAT WE WANTED AS WE WENT THROUGH LIFE. We didn't sugarcoat anything and this helped glue us together through rough times and 32 years later we are closer than ever. Sure when you are 18-20 years old maybe that kind of thinking hurts the brain, but when you collectively have NOTHING yet, not even that college degree, you better be planning and thinking cause you're gonna be 60 years old in a heartbeat. We've instilled this mindset in our girls as they head off to college. We've always talked openly about finances, knowing where you stand and thinking and planning 5, 10, 30 years in the future. I'm not talking about a concrete path to travel, but a direction you want to go and what do you want to build. We knew time off for planned vacations was and would be important. We discussed everything.

I'm sure emotions are setting in now in your situation. We had times like that, but our belief in each other and talking about these issues out of the "war zone of the busy season" kept us on track. If you haven't done that or just thought "surely it'll all work out" it's going to be rougher. Too many young ones go into this with rosy love glasses on and think reality will never happen. Well.... I truly wish you luck in the future. Only you know your situation and life partner.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)