AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 3/11/2019 20:07 (#7374364 - in reply to #7373572)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

ESW ND
When my wife first moved here and for the next 8 years. I told her I was sorry on a regular basis, for brining her into this situation. I was use to it and she was not. Her farm father was wayyyyy different. He was so much more open minded. I honestly didn't know dads could be like that. The worst hurt that my Dad did was, one day he was chewing me out for absolutely nothing. I never backed down from him. Had to stand my ground to his bullying. I asked him why are you yelling at me, I never even did anything. His response was, "well I have to take it out on somebody". The part that hurt was, I told him that we have to be friends and business partners at the same time. He said no we don't, and that I was suppose to pick one. I knew what he thought of me. We are still here. The last couple of years have been better. We had a baby in '17. We also haven't fought in 2 years. I consider that a plus. I keep my guard up at all times. He's tired of the farm, but won't do anything else or go anywhere else.
I honestly didn't know fathers and sons could get along and work together with out much issue. For those who have great working and personal relationships with your Dad's.....you are very fortunate. Keep it close to your heart. You don't want what we've gone through.
blondebeck - 3/11/2019 12:11

Born_in_ad1 Have things improved? I do think you are right, that he has a lot of hidden stress. He is a pretty easy-going and passive man by nature, but I know things where on him. Did your relationship with your father improve? Or do you just have to wait these kinds of things out?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)