AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

indeeppigfarmer
Posted 3/11/2019 08:14 (#7373128 - in reply to #7372848)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

You and your husband need to be creative in how to spend some time together, and many times it is not easy. Hundreds of thoughts have crossed my mind as I read your OP and many of the responses. Its been 25 years since the kids were less than 5 and the days with 3 little ones that young was challenging. Spent a good chunk of yesterday with 25 year old daughter since her hubby was on a short business trip this weekend. A 2 yr toddler and 6 week old kept her (us) busy.

One thing my ex never did figure out was that 'date night' sometimes has to be what ever you can make of it. You will be happier if you can enjoy supper 20 minutes after he gets in ( after assisting a heifer or 2 calve, and making sure that the newborns are ok) rather than 'Supper is at 6 o'clock and if you are 5 min late, I'm gonna be grumpy the rest of the evening'. For a moment think about if your ob/gyn doc looked at his watch while you were mid-delivery and said..'well I gotta go now, Supper is in 15 minutes, don't want my wife upset. See you in the morning, hope it all turns out ok.....'

I could go on for ever, but it will be what you make of it. It's been a long hard winter, cabin fever has affected many of us, but that is soon to change. This grandpa is always eager to give the kids a parenting break, is that an option?? Because you do need some down time. I'm just rambling on, but seriously your attitude..and his.. will be what determines the future. A good hard-working man should not be taken for granted in todays world.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)