AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

blondebeck
Posted 3/11/2019 09:33 (#7373304 - in reply to #7373061)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

NE Oregon
Ribc- that’s why I’m here trying to gain perspective. I need to know if embracing not having a partner to DO things with (not asking for much, a couple camping trips in the summer, some new closet shelving for the run-down 45 year old trailer we live in, etc) is something I can learn or if I just need to tell him we need to pack it up. I see what you’re saying but the term “princess” is relative and I think I am far from that. I play a major support role in his life, cooking and bringing him meals and tea, waking him up and staying up with him to blow dry a calf in our POS pumphouse shed in the wee hours of the night. Yes, he has even used our “good towels” to dry off amniotic fluid on a calf. And on and on. All done with a smile. I don’t complain about the long days, it’s just when there are so many long days with no rest and no end in sight... I don’t think that makes me a princess. He doesn’t even have friends because he doesn’t make time for them. I don’t think that is healthy. From a biological standpoint even- we as a human species are made for relationship with one another (and with God, IMO) but these all suffer because cattle come first. I thank you for your input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)