AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 3/11/2019 07:59 (#7373110 - in reply to #7373062)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

ESW ND
Make sure you talk to each other a lot. Don't talk AT each other. I'm willing to bet your hubby is going through some VERY emotionaly hidden stress. Afterall, he has his father to please(never happen), the farm to take care of, all the livestock to take care of, and his 2 kids and soon to be 3rd and of course you all to worry about. It's a VERY VERY taxing life to take on. Between goals, dreams and hopes, it is a lot. You both need to be there for each other. When one is down, the other has to broaden their shoulders and carry the weight.
We had a beyond stressful first 10years. Working with a possessive control and power hungry father is NOT something I wish on anybody. He got set off by such simple stuff, we forked a round straw bale into the barn and what was left over was a grain shovel full of fines and a few little pieces. He came unglued. Why we didn't leave is beyond me, for all the other times of fighting. We got through it because of my wife and myself's determination. We rely heavily on each other.
I don't mean to ramble, but talk before things start to fester more. Marriage isn't easy, the occupation isn't easy and life isn't easy, but you WORK at it every day and give it your best. Sometimes you have to sacrifice dreams and some goals, but you also realize which ones are attainable and affordable and come up with new ones that work for you.

Mental health is SERIOUS business!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)