AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

am I cut out for this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Abomb
Posted 3/11/2019 12:19 (#7373582 - in reply to #7373216)
Subject: RE: am I cut out for this?

martin - 3/11/2019 08:59

One thing struck me in your post....

" but nobody will explain to me how I’m supposed to help sort pairs or feed while stuck inside a crappy feed pickup with a 1 and 3 year old (and one more on the way)"

Maybe at this season in your life, you are not able to get out and help sort pairs.  However, maybe just taking your kids out to see what your husband - their dad - does is important.  Maybe at 1 and 3, your kids are too young - then again, maybe not.  Even just taking the kids out to see their dad for about 10-15 minutes per day would be valuable.  I would make sure to discuss this with your husband up front, so this does not catch him off guard, so he does not wonder what you need, or something like that.

Maybe I am off base; however, I think this moral support would be valuable.

My wife doesn’t help me hardly at all, but I do like when she stops by the farm occasionally to say hi and I can see her and our kid for a few minutes. She usually brings me donut when she does. Maybe for you even if you can’t help him, it would be nice to get out of the house for a bit and spend a few minutes with him. Hopefully he’d stop what he’s doing for 10 minutes to chat and have a snack. Sometimes when I’m not terrible busy I go home to eat dinner with her and hang around the house an extra hour before coming back to work.

Edited by Abomb 3/11/2019 12:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)