AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

EricCKS
Posted 3/20/2015 10:45 (#4465871 - in reply to #4465102)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

Sunflower State

Burdick - 3/19/2015 21:18 I say don't have the marriage blessed I had mine blessed by the church and now since divorced can no longer receive communion. I say just break one of the cannon laws just means you cant be a sponsor of a confirmation candidate and a few other things, just my opinion though from my Baltimore cadicism upbringing

It is unfortunate your circumstances but until the marriage is declared null, in the eyes of the church you are still married. Civilly....no. Church yup. The reason is due to the covenant created by the sacrament of marriage. At the time of the marriage it is assumed God brought two people together creating a bond that ends at death. If the marriage was something not intended by God or perhaps an addiction or violence came into the marriage later, the process of annulment verifies that yes or no the marriage is of God's design.

That is the reason for the tedious process of asking friends, family etc of both people questions to uncover that truth. Is/was the marriage of God or two people that wanted to get married for emotion or other reason. And it goes without saying an abusive relationship of one flavor or another, cheating etc is not what God intends either. The annulment process uncovers what is truth in those circumstances as well. It is a hard process for those involved, clear cut in some cases, vague in others.

This type of covenant relationship exists in the variations of the Catholic Church, Episcopal Church and a few synods of other protestant denominations. I cannot speak to other denominations other than Catholic having an annulment process. 

Best wishes

Eric 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)