AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Grain Hay Cattle
Posted 3/18/2015 12:53 (#4461601 - in reply to #4460394)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

SW Ohio
Didn't read the others, but this is what my husband and I did.

I am Catholic, husband Baptist (both Christian--the only thing we care about). I was not a fan of the priest at the CAtholic church in the area so began attending service with him when we were dating. We got married in his church without me approaching the CAtholic church about that decision because it really shouldn't matter. Marriage is between three people, you, your spouse and God. We now go to another Catholic church after "church shopping" for a little while. We go here not because it is Catholic, but because it is where we found a priest we were happy with and a very active Christian community. I think there are a lot of good things about the Catholic church, but they also get a bit carried away at times. In order for our marriage to be recognized (I think that is what we were told when asked), then we would a have a vow renewal in the Catholic church. I doubt this is something that we will ever do because it is not important for us if the church recognizes are marriage...we know God does, but it could be an option for you.

Good luck and don't stress out about this. It is a very very small "problem" in the scheme of things! You are getting married either way!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)