AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

M&A
Posted 3/19/2015 15:40 (#4464146 - in reply to #4464072)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

Spring Grove MN
I'm not saying that we need to abandon traditions. What I'm saying is that we need to hold strong to the foundation of our faith and not let those traditions get in the way. The words I'm quoting are Jesus words. He wanted us to have a real relationship with Him not a constant repeat of the same old same old every week. How would you like it if every time you saw someone it was the same conversation over and over each time you met. Hi Bob... nice to see you again... the weather's been nice.... well I better get back to work... see you around. Wouldn't that feel pretty empty. I don't view that as a close relationship. Do you? What I'm saying is that Jesus doesn't want to be an acquaintance in our lives. He wants to be the most important. He doesn't want us to think that were saved because we go to Church and go through the motions. He loves us and wants to be part of our lives. I wouldn't call what I'm saying about tradition "advancement". I mean is it really advancement if it was wrote down 2000 years ago? What I'm saying is that our faith should be based on God's Word, God's commands and remembering the sacraments He gave us. Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to. I was just pointing out that traditions don't matter. What matters is that you love Jesus. He is the only way to be saved. I want my kids to grow strong in their faith. I don't want their need to go to church as adults to be based on my views. They need to choose their path I can't save them. Guilting them into Church attendance will not do them any good. I can give them a strong Christian foundation. I can't prevent them from turning away they need to stand on their own faith.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)