AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ILCORNGROWER
Posted 3/18/2015 11:05 (#4461426 - in reply to #4460464)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

Northern Illinois
We just got married last year and took our pre CANA almost two years ago. My wife who WAS NOT raised in any form of organized religion per say (her parents were baptised and grandparents go to church often but her parents never took their children to church really) thought our pre cana classes were very good actually. We dated almost 5 years before getting married and lived together (obviously we know this is not right in the church's eyes but whatever) so I think we both thought we knew each other very well.

I love my wife very very much but she is pretty opposite from being a devout religious person. We had a lot of fun in our younger days and she could probably have been called pretty wild when we started dating. Both of us were. It amazes me though how she tells people all the time how she was surprised at how many questions we talked about and raised in the process we had never really discussed before. A lot of it we had. Some of it we had not.

I know a lot of people will tell you its stupid you shouldn't have to do it. I am a Catholic. Born raised and went to Catholic school. I by no means always agree with what our church does and says we should do.

I personally really enjoyed a lot of the Pre Cana process. Some of the stuff is rhetorical. Like how you have to have somebody sign a document saying you have come freely and willing to get married I know. It is what it is.

If raising your children Catholic is important to you then you have to evaluate that. That was probably the only reason we actually went through all the pre cana. Since my wife was not raised in a faith and I was I wanted our children to be raised in a faith. The faith I know is Catholic and thats what I chose.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)