AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John SD
Posted 3/19/2015 20:46 (#4464809 - in reply to #4462912)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

farmer45 - 3/18/2015 20:15

I could suppose that I could maybe live with a wife who has some different beliefs than I as long as she were Christian. Where I would have a big problem would be if we had children. As a Lutheran there are some teachings of the Roman Catholic church that I just don't believe. How could I let my children be taught something that I did not believe. For example I "may" be able to accept my wife believing in purgatory but how could I keep quiet and let my children be taught about something that I don't believe exists? I am also curious about the term unbaptized christen.

I'm not married so probably shouldn't comment in this thread. I am Catholic and likewise there are some teachings of the Lutheran church I do not believe. (Sola Scritpura and Sola Fide for example) Somewhere in his letters (Corninthians?) St Paul cautions against entering into marriage to an "unbeliever". I take that to mean if you don't agree with everything your future spouse's church teaches, then you probably shouldn't marry them or have children with them.

I also am puzzled by the term "unbaptized Christian". Baptism is how a person is initiated in to the Christian faith. Baptism erases orignal sin, and claims the person for Christ. Or at least that is the way I view Baptism through the Catholic church. Baptism is required in the Catholic church before receiving any other sacrament, including Holy Matrimony.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)