AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ndred
Posted 3/20/2015 10:32 (#4465855 - in reply to #4465139)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

s nd
Boy, if you're young, you are going to have quite the time explaining the thinkings of the catholic church to someone, especially a new bride. I'm 58 and still learning. Probably best to jot down questions she has and ask the priest or go to catholic answers live on the web and see what they say. They have valid answers to most, but you might get a bald spot on some of them. Being uninformed as 7730 said above will be your downfall, as many of the psots above indicate. We don't "buy" our way into heaven, but instead are asked to be a cheerful giver as the bible says. No one wants to give much to the church, so the church has to bring it up. They shouldn't have to.
I don't worship the holy water, mary, statues, rosary beads, etc, but they are there in our religion. Why do people think we "worship" them when they're just hanging on the wall or a part of our religion. Yes, we ask mary to ask jesus to help us, why wouldn't you? We also ask jesus, but the more help the merrier. Treating others as second class citizens at the funeral I have no idea. Oh, that ONE time we made the lutherans and the methodists sit in the back on upside down five gallon pails. Geez. I'm cath and I can't even go to communion if I am in mortal sin, so other's shouldn't get so bent out of shape if they can't go. Remember the cath church sees the bread and wine as the real body and blood of christ, and treat it with the highest dignity and respect. Others are just a symbol of the body and blood, there is a difference.
There are better persons to teach you more of the faith, but you must learn it if you want to keep your sanity with the others that dislike it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)