AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fefernuse
Posted 3/19/2015 07:59 (#4463414 - in reply to #4462912)
Subject: RE: Catholic marrying a non- catholic, need advice

Litchfield MN.

I am an Episcopalian married to a Wisconsin Synod Lutheran.  We were and still are on opposite ends of the religious spectrum.  We respect our differences and support each others' churches.  We attend one of the services of either church almost every Sunday. 

We raised our boys in the Wisconsin Synod church and school.  We still did attend my church as a family periodically during that time.  Our boys are now adults with one changing to LCMS Lutheran and the other undecided, though has decided he is not able to follow the Wisconsin Synod Lutheran church's teachings anymore.

My husband and I have had a very healthy, happy marriage and we are a close family with our boys.  We are all Christian and I think have used the common teachings to guide us throughout our years together.

Mrs. Fefernuse

P.S. My husband & I were married in the Episcopal church and took classes prior to the ceremony.  The priest that taught them said after, if any one asked, he couldn't understand why we were getting married, but felt we had thought through everything and maybe had a chance.  33 years later we are still happily married.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)