AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many are on a keto diet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/18/2020 11:39 (#8115616 - in reply to #8115576)
Subject: RE: How many are on a keto diet.

Pittsburg, Kansas

When we put them in a bowl with the other ingredients, I just take my spoon and coarse chop them up, then mix the ingredients together. Then it tends to look more like tuna salad. That might help with the looks.

The other thing is try different brands. The brand we really liked in Bonaire I have not found yet back here in the states. They were fillets instead of whole sardines and when they filleted them they turned the skin in between the fillets. So all you saw was the meat fillet. There are definite differences in quality and size of fish.

I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure when they process the smaller sardines (the ones not filleted) they cut off the head and tail, slit up the gut cavity and pull the head and guts out. Now I would not guarantee that in the very fast process they get every last bit, but I'm sure the guts come out. Kind of like cleaning very small bluegill fish. So I'm pretty sure you are not eating any guts, just the skin (which should be very nutritional) and bones (which are pressure cooked soft and also nutritional).

Tuna and salmon are both good. I think salmon will get you more omega 3 oils but am not sure of that.

John

Edited by John Burns 3/18/2020 11:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)