AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many are on a keto diet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/18/2020 09:35 (#8115299 - in reply to #8114903)
Subject: RE: How many are on a keto diet.

Pittsburg, Kansas

Below are just some suggestions, only if you want to kick it up a notch. Congratulations on the success and keep it up.

I missed ice cream for a while. What we replaced it with for our after dinner desert is plain whole milk yogurt with no sugar added (wife strains it to get more whey out which contains a lot of the natural milk sugar which makes it thick Greek style but a person doesn't have to do that) with a square of shaved 85% chocolate and a dozen or so blueberries. Sometimes cinnimin and nutmeg sprinkled on. That sounds pretty terrible and I would have thought so 18 months ago. But since I have lost my sweet taste cravings the yogurt really hits the spot for that little something special after supper. Way lot better than the amount of sugar in ice cream as far as carbs go. Even sugar free ice cream has a lot of carbs (I used to have it almost nightly thinking "well it is sugar free"). Now we look forward to the yogurt where I would not have eaten it on a bet before. I would have never imagined I would eat plain yogurt - and like it.

Might try some sardines for lunch. :-) Another food I would not have eaten 18 months ago. They are kind of addictive. The first tin we ate didn't much like them. Tried them again and they were not too bad. Now we eat them almost daily. Good source of omega 3 oil.

Those are just some possibilities if you want to step it up a notch. But if you are happy with your results sounds like you are doing fine. What you have already cut out will do wonders. For me the ice cream would keep me craving sweets and carbs but not all people have that problem. For me it is just easier to eliminate the sweets pretty much altogether (with the exception of a few berries in our yogurt.

John

John

Edited by John Burns 3/18/2020 09:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)