AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back in the day of higher carbs............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/27/2020 05:46 (#8068282 - in reply to #8066579)
Subject: RE: autophagy - Wow, this is good

Pittsburg, Kansas
That is some interesting stuff. I am still struggeling through the first interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evGFWRXEzz8

Pretty fascinating. Between his accent and my not hearing that well any more it is a bit of a struggle. The notations that pop up on the screen are exceptionally helpful but I can't read fast enough, LOL.

It may take a couple runs through for me to grasp a lot of what he is saying, but you are right, he is on the cutting edge. A lot of the animal models will probably not transfer to humans but it sounds like they are getting some human data also.

Many people will want to look at it from the standpoint that they do not want to do anything till the science is proven. I look at it differently. If it is low risk to try, doesn't totally screw up my normal life, is low cost and not much down side, why not try it? Some of us probably don't have twenty years for the science to be proven and merged into mainstream thinking.

What better does a retired person have to do with their time other than have fun and get healthy? Maybe help some young people along the way.

Edit: 50 million dollars for FDA approval for a procedure that will only produce a food and fasting regimin and will not produce a blockbuster drug........................ lot more research money available and money to be made in the sickcare industry than the healthcare industry. Around 30 minutes in on the video.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/27/2020 06:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)