AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back in the day of higher carbs............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DaveMk
Posted 2/26/2020 10:23 (#8066579 - in reply to #8066086)
Subject: RE: autophagy

John Burns - 2/26/2020 07:07

Had not ran across him. Will check it out tonight. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+valter+longo+on+fast...

Some stuff on cutting edge lacks scientific rigor to be relatively certain it is legitimate. But that does not mean it does not work, just that we lack the proof for it to be mainstream accepted. I try to look at things from a risk/reward standpoint. For example take statins. Tests show that a thousand people have to be treated to help a handful. In the mean time 995 of them are subjected to the potential side effects, not to mention the cost and the necessity of a doctors prescription and care. But if I change what I eat and do it with reasonable science backing there is very little risk yet in some cases big rewards. Kind of like patients with Alzheimers. Maybe coconut oil has benefits, maybe not. But there sure have been some good anecdotal evidence it does. Cost a little of nothing to try it and not much downside risk if it doesn't help.

I try to approach everything I can from that perspective. Risk/reward. Heck if I had cancer I would probably try some of the snake oils that I did not think they woul even work if the risk of them causing additional problems little and the potential benefit great. Kind of like the people that have taken the dog wormer for cancer. If a person has terminal cancer what is the worst that could happen?

John

Longo is the cutting edge of the knife that is cutting thru the last 60-70 years of nutritional bs.

Edited by DaveMk 2/26/2020 10:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)