AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back in the day of higher carbs............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 2/25/2020 13:23 (#8064772 - in reply to #8064710)
Subject: RE: not everyone needs ultra low carb

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been progressively reducing my carb intake. Although I haven’t really kept a record of it I’d be very surprised if I wasn’t around 100 grams now, give it take 25 depending on the day.

This journey all started from reading a few of your threads once in a while last fall even though I had no intention of going that route. I read them out of curiosity. They must have worked their way into my subconscious though.

Now I have cut out virtually all junk food, I’m eating a fairly low carb diet, which I’m still modifying to try to get right, and I’m going to the gym regularly. I am feeling better and I noticed I’m sleeping better, which has created a problem. I always went to the gym in the early morning because I was awake anyways. Now I’m sleeping deeply and even dreaming most nights which is something I haven’t done for many years. I missed 2 morning workouts though so I guess I have to start setting an alarm clock. Lol

The more I think about it we humans are a bit odd. We will talk to no end about the best engine oil, antifreeze, grease and fuel additives. We want our equipment to live a long and trouble free life. Nothing but the best! Yet when it comes to our own bodies we don’t show the same care. We will fuel them with junk and then wonder why they aren’t performing properly and we are having issues. Then we go to the doctors to treat the symptoms that have developed and we get pills or shots to try to patch up the damage. It’s kind of like using JB weld to build up a shaft. Perhaps if we were smarter we would have used more grease to prevent the problem in the first place instead.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)