AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back in the day of higher carbs............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/25/2020 18:51 (#8065339 - in reply to #8065283)
Subject: RE: Back in the day of higher carbs............

That's the attitude accepted for a very long time. Class after class of doctors and nutritionists have been taught this. They have simply accepted it - after all, it sure seems intuitive. Eat fat, it clogs your arteries - and it goes right on your body as fat you don't want to carry around. The trouble is - the latter is demonstrably not true - if you do not eat the fat along with too many carbs. If carbs are controlled, you can eat as much as you want and lose weight.

The first, however, is not as easy to ignore. The question, as in dlerwick's post, is really the question that needs to be answered. Not by belief, but by statistically valid studies. What studies, statistically valid ones, can you point to that makes you so sure of that? So sure that you would make such a definitive statement? Several years ago, my wife read Gary Taubes' book "Good Calories - Bad Calories" and was astounded to learn that the science just is not there to back up a statement like the one you just made. I have to admit - when she read me parts of that book, I was very much surprised too.

Just too many assumptions and not anywhere near enough actual science led a whole lot of people down the wrong road, it seems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)