AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back in the day of higher carbs............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/25/2020 11:21 (#8064592 - in reply to #8064064)
Subject: watched it - she is good - we don't have to go down with the ship

Pittsburg, Kansas
She did a good job. Not over hyped, but covered the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kr8Ltwhtl0

The fructose portion is something a person should remember the next time they drink "healthy" fruit juice or over indulge in "healthy" fruit.

I think it will take time for the current older crop of dietitians and doctors to retire/die off before any major changes take place in dietary guidlines. Think about it. Most current crop of experts have had their entire schooling and career's based on the current dietary guidelines and their entire practice has revolved around "healthy grains" and "healthy carbohydrates" and "healthy fruits". How many are willing to face all their patients and say "oops. I was wrong and gave you bad advice all these years". A few are and will. Specifically the ones I have been linking to their videos for the last year. But pride will not allow most professionals to admit they have been wrong on this specific subject for their entire career.

Guidlines are glacially changing. Demonization of fats is slowly and quietly dropping off the diabetic and heart association web sites. They are not embracing the benefits yet, but they are dropping the demonization.

The dietary Titanic is hitting the iceberg as we speak, in real time. Just look at the metabolic disease statistics. But we as individuals have the chance to man a dietary lifeboat. We don't have to go down with the ship.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/25/2020 11:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)