AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KRM
Posted 4/28/2015 14:08 (#4542652 - in reply to #4541550)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

NC Kansas
Farmdog1 - 4/27/2015 20:22

Iowa Quality Hay - 4/27/2015 21:17

This is a perfect illustration of why I am a firm believer that one should NOT return to the farm straight after college. Working for a few years away from the farm is a valuable experience and gives you insight you don't get when you go from the classroom back to the tractor cab for daddy.

So the son worked off farm for a few years... He wants to return to the farm. The farm hasn't expanded... What's the difference?

The difference is you went out and worked for someone else...a a non-family member. Took orders, maybe answered to 2 or 3 bosses, sit in on crap meetings and sit at a desk and stare out the window all day... then when you come back to the farm you appreciate what it has to offer besideds the $$.

Now I will say that I am kinda on your side in that they could raise your wages some, maybe come up with a plan in 5 yrs to have you making so much or taking over more of the ground. Good help is hard to find and that is the main reason your dad may be dragging his feet on letting the hired hand go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)