AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 4/27/2015 21:42 (#4541612 - in reply to #4541550)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

west central illinois
Farmdog1 - 4/27/2015 20:22

Iowa Quality Hay - 4/27/2015 21:17

This is a perfect illustration of why I am a firm believer that one should NOT return to the farm straight after college. Working for a few years away from the farm is a valuable experience and gives you insight you don't get when you go from the classroom back to the tractor cab for daddy.

So the son worked off farm for a few years... He wants to return to the farm. The farm hasn't expanded... What's the difference?
it has taken me 17 years to get where I am. Worked for a construction company for 6 years. Grandpa had a heart attack and retired. That was in 2002. Boy those were prosperous times in ag. Then farmed and drove a truck for myself over the road till 2007. Started with 100 acres and have built it to over 1,000 my share. I'll tell you flat out I'm 36 and frankly you deserve nothing nor are you entitled to anything right now. Put the work in and find your own ground. What they have is theirs not yours. Also have you looked at the Capitol it takes to farm right now and the loss we are looking at?

Edited by emtbd1979 4/27/2015 21:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)