AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 4/27/2015 23:29 (#4541861 - in reply to #4541119)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

Washington Co Ks
I don't mean to put you down. I think you are acting the way most people your age do but I see some problems that you aren't able to see. You are young and think you have it all figured out. I've seen many young guys fresh out of collage come back home intent on taking over the family business, whether it be a farm or something else, thinking they know how to do it better since they have an education. Some of them have made it work but I know several that have failed and lost everything that dad and sometimes even granddad had worked their whole life to amass. Although I didn't go to collage I was young and bushy tailed once too and thought that I had the world by the tail. My dad didn't know a whole lot then or so I thought. If we could have just done things a new way we could have had it made but as time went on I began to see that what he knew and did was what he had learned by experience. I also learned over time that you can learn a lot by reading a book but the best teacher is experience. You also seem to be focused almost entirely on replacing the hired man and not looking for another answer. You have a lot to learn yet weather it be about the family farm or just life in general.

I know that I have been hard on you but I thought it needed to be put out there. As I said I don't think you are a bad young man but just normal. Hopefully some day you can look back on these days and understand. I wish you good luck in whatever you do. Be patient and learn by experience what part of your education works in real life and what only works under ideal conditions. When you reach my age you will see that 24 is just the beginning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)