AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Farmdog1
Posted 4/27/2015 16:16 (#4540956 - in reply to #4540940)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

I have offered to a few neighbors that are nearing retirement my help if they are interested. They are always polite but turn down the offer. The two I am focusing on really seem to be the types that have done everything on their own forever and they refuse to have it another way... it may take a few more years.

As to the age of the hired guy, he is their age. They probably have 10-15 years left before retirement and the hired guy has said multiple times in front of my father and myself how my place is on the farm so if it is time for him to go he can go back to being a trucker. He doesn't seem to be worried about losing a job.... He feels as if he can just go work somewhere else which I am sure he can. I can't see there being any hard feelings from him.

All of this has been discussed many times between my dad, mom and I. I had been told for the last few years how if we don't pick up enough ground to where I can fully support myself on my own acerage the hired man would be let go. Well here I am out of college, and what I was told is not what is happening. I don't see how so many of you guys can act as if my father knows all and knows what is best... the other boss does not see things this way.

Edited by Farmdog1 4/27/2015 16:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)