AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sri
Posted 4/27/2015 18:56 (#4541137 - in reply to #4540858)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

nw pa

My thinking is your dad is a honest loyal guy. He got the hired man so the farm would be viable while you were off to school.. Granted you came home when you could and helped but not the same as someone on call for needed work. He is being loyal to the hired man and i don't blame him.. You are young enough that your plans can change over night. Maybe not through any fault of your own. Didn't see if your married or not. That can change things. Maybe just need some adjustment time. He can relate to the hired man and give directions the way he wants things done. After all the farm is  making a go of it while your gone.

As to replacing the hired man with yourself. As a dad I wouldn't do it. Couple of reasons.  What if your dad wants to sell are you ready to buy him out or the uncle.If not then your not in a position of much control . Maybe dad wants to slow down ,not get more involved. Does your dad do a lot of custom work? The idea of him making some custom money for doing your farming is ok if that is his business,otherwise it's a favor to you.

My advice is move on unless your dad begs you to stay,otherwise he won't miss you much from a business stand point. If he really wants you to stay then things will change over time. if he is as loyal to you as the hired man and you really think you can replace him. ( I have my doubts).Then you can work it out.

As for being kinda pouty.  I agree.

As for dad relating to the hired man better than his son. Well I haven't heard from the hired man. But you bring up a good point. Why is that happening?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)