AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Oilfarmer
Posted 4/28/2015 06:18 (#4542024 - in reply to #4540858)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

Ravenna Ohio

I have 2 boys. Both are following careers that are taking them away. That's ok. We talked about our farm not being something that will support another family vs the desire to come home. Sounds like there was a lack of communication so you would understand your role upon returning. From the Dad viewpoint I would have a hard time dumping my hired guy for a young beginner, even if he is family. There are a lot of disappointments to deal with in business. You need to show you can handle being the outsider needing to prove your loyalty and ability to stay the course. If you can't talk with your "bosses" now, how can the farm accept you in the long run. You can be hurt and confused by what they expect of you at this time. I am sure your father is dealing with emotional feelings too.

You also have to figure how to discuss it without anger. It might be as simple as asking one question allowing your father to answer without reply beyond Thank You. Absorb the info and ask another later. That is one of the first steps of the maturity needed to grow the farm. Good Luck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)