AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Son and Hired Man.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Farmdog1
Posted 4/27/2015 16:49 (#4540983 - in reply to #4540974)
Subject: RE: Son and Hired Man.....

indeeppigfarmer - 4/27/2015 16:38

See if you can help out with the accounting and business part of the operation. The next 10 years probably won't be like the last 5.
You might find out that it is better to be paid a little and be the part time hired man than being involved in the business for the next few years.
Your Dad could be doing you a huge favor. Keep looking for opportunities to add to the business, instead of trying to slice each piece of the pie smaller.
A little sweat equity never hurt anyone in this business, and being only 1 year out of college, youre just entering an appenticeship. If you went into another ag industry, you wouldn';t be asking the CEO to step aside at 22-23 years old

A appreciate your advice, but I am not asking the CEO to step aside, I am simply wanting to be a salaried hired guy. We already have one, and can't have two....

Another thing is I actually farm some ground of my own and they make money off of it (me paying them custom)... One of these pieces is ground I got all on my own... not family ground etc... I could let another farmer custom farm it, but why would I do that. If anyone gets a financial gain from it besides myself I would wish that to be my family. My father clearly does not feel that way when it comes to his hired man.

Edited by Farmdog1 4/27/2015 16:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)